IT Service Desk Engineer
- BE Oost-Vlaanderen
- Bij klant
Buckman is a chemical company founded by Dr. Stanley J. Buckman, a biochemist from Memphis, Tennessee. Today, Buckman is still producing BSM-11 for the pulp and paper industry as it did from the beginning. They also expanded into industrial water treatment and process chemistry, but also chemical solutions for the leather industry. But as much as things have changed in the past 70+ years, one thing has remained the same: they are still completely focused on solving customers’ problems.
- You will be responsible for the support of the ICT infrastructure at Buckman. This includes:
- Provide IT and Technical support to associates by supporting for example with Windows and MS Office related issues, printer issues, connectivity challenges and access requests;
- Manage desktop and laptop fleet effectively by recording all IT equipment in the computer asset database; keep a healthy stock and deploy up and running tools for our associates;
- Maintain key business systems availability, by fully understanding the IT mechanics of each system and ensuring that a recovery plan is in place for each system (e.g. data backup, virtualization, standby equipment). Effectively communicate downtime and scheduled maintenance to all affected users;
- Continuous Improvement: Support the IT Engineer in implementing Continuous Improvements and Projects by:
- Identifying and reporting problems and/or new ideas to the IT Engineer;
- Identifying areas where cost reductions and efficiency gains can be achieved and implemented;
- Participate in global projects and initiatives according to competencies and interests.
- Minimal bachelor’s degree in IT or related area. Prior experience in service desk management is considered a plus;
- English language skills are essential, Dutch and other European languages are considered as an asset;
- Good communication skills and a customer engagement orientation, delivering IT solutions to meet Buckman's business objectives;
- You have a pro-active approach with an affinity for precision and "closing out" and are not shy to take the initiative;
- You are intrigued by and enjoy tackling and resolving IT challenges;
- You have an analytical mindset;
- Sincere interest in and/or experience with Microsoft tools/software.
- Experience and/or interest in the following technologies would be advantageous:
- Dell Servers and storage, Hyper-V;
- TCP/IP, networking, firewalls, switching, Wi-Fi;
- Windows 2012R2 and later / Windows 10;
- Office 365, configuration and licensing;
- VEEAM backup;
- SQL Server;
- Azure and other cloud platforms;
- Teams, Skype for Business and Teams/SfB Telephony;
- Mobile devices and mobile device applications (PowerApps).
- Permanent contract;
- Competitive salary with fringe benefits and bonus;
- phone and laptop;
- Continuous investment in your personal and career development by access to training opportunities and project assignments.